What Qualifications Do I Need?
You don’t have to have an education background to be a successful college planner
Class 101 college planning franchise owners come from many careers and have a wide variety of education and job backgrounds. Some are former educators; some have worked in colleges. Others have served as youth ministers or are parents who have been through the college admission process and see the obvious challenges that American students face.
If you have a love for working with kids and are passionate about helping students take advantage of college opportunities, you may be able to become a Class 101 franchise owner.
Who we are looking for
The ideal Class 101 owner has a passion for working with young people and a heart for helping families save time and money during the college application process. Ideally they have a background in business or education, whether as a small business owner, an educator, a guidance counselor or other similar work experience. Many of our franchise owners have gone through the frustrating process of college selection with their children and are seeking a better solution. Organizational skills, as well as being well-connected in the community, are attributes that will help you thrive as a Class 101 franchisee.
We are looking for team members with the entrepreneurial spirit and self-direction to follow our refined business model as they bring Class 101 to their communities. Franchisees need to be flexible and willing to work in the afternoons and evenings to accommodate meeting with teenagers, as well as have a passion for guiding young people.
Other helpful attributes of a Class 101 franchise owner include:
- Strong communication skills – As a Class 101 franchisee, you will be conducting seminars and communicating with parents, educators and business owners.
- Articulate – Someone with great speaking skills who can simplify the often-confusing process of college application is ideal.
- Organized – Keeping track of client schedules, deadlines and other critical data requires someone with excellent organizational skills.
- Patient – Having the patience to work with teens on setting goals and making positive, incremental changes is a plus.
- A heart for teens – At the core of everything we do is a passion for helping young people identify and attain their goals.
How we define territories
When you purchase your Class 101 franchise, you will be assigned a specific territory. Class 101 territories are based on a population base of about 250,000, which averages out to include six to eight high schools. In larger metropolitan areas there may be room for more than one Class 101 franchisee due to demand for our personalized college planning services.
You will get to know the high schools in your territory and be in communication with their teaching and administrative staffs. The home office will provide guidance in setting up working relationships with area high school counselors.
Want to learn more? Fill out the form on this page and start a conversation with us about opening a Class 101 franchise in your market!